Thursday, June 11, 2015

Introducing Pixi nail color in "Coral Cantaloupe"

Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe" - amazing, vibrant color!

Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", shown in natural light

Though I’m the kind of gal who enjoys breaking free of fashion trends, preferring instead to do my own thing most of the time, one fashion trend that I found irresistible last year was the bright neon bikini trend! I would see so many women in bright orange, pink and coral bikinis and swimsuits, and I just love how a flash of neon color looks on tanned skin or dark skin tones in general!

So, naturally, I was also super pleased with the neon orange nail polish trend last summer. I don’t think I’m the only one who loves neon nail color, because the trend has continued into this spring and summer too, and I’m seeing countless nail polish companies releasing ads with at least one super bright, neon shade!

Which brings me to Pixi’s brand new 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe" that I’ve recently tried. I absolutely love this color! It’s a bright peachy coral that really has an amazing change of depth, depending on the lighting! It goes from a pastel peach color in medium light, to a bright neon coral in either really dim light or outside in the sun. Because of the complexity of this awesome color, I included a set of photos (below) revealing the color in different light, both in the bottle and swatched on a sheet of paper. It’s really a perfect, bright shade for the spring and summer! It has a gentle golden shimmer that is visible in certain lighting.

One of the coolest things about Pixi nail color is the way it dries. It has a matte finish and almost has more of a papery feel than most nail polishes I have tried. It applies nice and thick and spreads easily, but also starts to dry fast, so one should be aware of that when applying the color to avoid messing up the job by moving too slowly. Two coats on each nail should last at least three days without chipping. I use my hands a lot, so I’m usually happy with just two days wearing one nail polish – and honestly, even the less toxic options are not totally natural, so I prefer to only keep polish on my nails for 2 or 3 days at a time anyway. Pixi’s nail colors are free of toluene, formaldehyde and DBP.

 Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", shown in inside lighting
  Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", shown in natural lighting
  Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", swatched on paper, shown with flash
 Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", swatched on paper, shown in natural lighting
 Pixi 3-Free Nail Color in "Coral Cantaloupe", swatched on paper, shown in inside lighting

Follow this blog to keep up to date with various natural beauty and healthy lifestyle tips and reviews. This blog is meant to be a helpful tool for people who are looking to switch to natural cosmetics, but who don't know where to start. I post reviews and articles about products that have worked well for me personally. Hopefully these articles are helpful to my readers, in helping them choose makeup and skincare that are toxin-free and all-natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment