Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Superb all-natural lip gloss option!

Soft and shiny lips with Acure Organics' "Date Worthy" Lip Lush:







Acure Lip Lush in "Date Worthy" shown on the lips, in the tube, and swatched on hand thickly, then spread to show sheerness of the color. The swatches are shown in outdoor natural light and shot with flash, for comparison.

I had a feeling I would like the Lip Lush formula, since I featured Acure’s dark chocolate and mint argan oil lip balm in a previous post that spotlighted several awesome natural lip balms. The dark chocolate and mint lip balm is truly one of the most deliciously smelling (and tasting) lip balms I have ever tried, so it was no surprise to me that the Lip Lush formula smells (and tastes) delicious too! OK, for the record – I don’t eat my lip products – but everyone ends up licking off some of what they put on their lips – and when that happens whilst wearing Acure’s lip products, it just happens to be a pleasant experience!

More importantly though, it’s essential for people to research what they put on their lips because of the inevitable ingestion of lip products. Acure’s Lip Lush formula includes the following ingredients, which look fantastic to me:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil*, Cera Alba* (Beeswax), Brassica Campestris Fordii (Rapeseed) Copolymer, Natural Flavors* (Gluten Free), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil*, Glycyrrhizic Acid (from Licorice Root), Silica, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470) Glycerin, Xanthan, Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Stem Cell Culture, Echinacea Angustrifolia (Echinacea) Stem Cell Culture; (*Certified Organic).

The particular color I am spotlighting in this article is the “Date Worthy” Lip Lush, which is a very neutral, peachy pink-brown color that is basically the same color as my lips. For me, it’s a great protective balm that shines my lips, for a natural look enhancement! As a lip gloss – it certainly does what it’s supposed to do because it essentially makes your lips look super, duper shiny!

The formula of this lip gloss is very sheer and not sticky on the lips. If swatched thickly on the hand, it looks like it could be fairly pigmented, but as you can see in the slideshow, where I smudged the color into the skin, the sheerness is quite evident. For those of you who are looking for thicker, very pigmented lip gloss, be aware that this is more of protective, sheer lip shine, no matter what color you get (stay tuned for some reviews of other shades of Acure’s fantastic Lip Lush).

The packaging of this Lip Lush is just like the Victoria’s Secret lip glosses, which I used to love before I switched to all-natural makeup. Obviously Acure’s lip gloss is a non-toxic option, ingredients-wise, and I do love these containers for the application process. I personally prefer these containers over the typical lip gloss containers with wands.

Be sure to follow this blog to keep up to date with various natural beauty and healthy lifestyle tips and reviews. This blog is meant to be a helpful tool for people who are looking to switch to natural cosmetics, but who don't know where to start. I post positive reviews and articles about products that have worked well for me personally. Hopefully these articles are helpful to my readers in helping them choose makeup and skincare that are non-toxic and all-natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment