Tuesday, April 14, 2015

All-natural and non-toxic lipstick option by Honeybee Gardens!

Get some sexy, shimmery & metallic nude lips with Honeybee Gardens' "San Francisco":

Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural lipstick in "San Francisco"

I am generally a bright colors kinda gal, so nude lipsticks are not usually my go-to lip product. When I do wear lipstick, I like to feel perked up by a vibrant color on my pout (otherwise I’ll just wear a lip balm or gloss and let my natural lip color shine through). But when choosing some samples of Honeybee Gardens’ lipstick a few weeks ago, I decided to also try one of their lighter colors. The Honeybee Gardens website does not describe this color as “nude”, but I personally consider it a nude, since it’s such a light shade.

The shade is “San Francisco”, and as shown in the photos above, one can’t deny that it’s a lovely, flattering shade. This light neutral color has notes of pink and peach, with fine grains of shimmer that produce a metallic effect. I find that really cool – and if I am going to paint my lips with something that is lighter than my natural lip color, I’d at least like to have a cool effect like a shimmer or a metallic sheen.

Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural lipsticks are – as their title suggests – all-natural, as well as paraben free, mineral oil free, and FD&C color free. This particular shade of lipstick is formulated using 
Honeybee Gardens’ new vegan formula, which uses the following ingredients:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil *, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter+, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenethyl alcohol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI 45410).
* = certified organic ingredients; + = certified Fair Trade.

This is the second Honeybee Gardens shade of lipstick I have reviewed (the first was “Queen Bee”,which is definitely a gorgeous color of lipstick everyone should see to believe). I have been super impressed with these lipstick formulas. They are non-drying, stay put for a long time, and have vibrant pigments. The formulas feel velvety and leave lips soft and protected.

Be sure to follow this blog to keep up to date with various natural beauty and healthy lifestyle tips and reviews. This blog is meant to be a helpful tool for people who are looking to switch to natural cosmetics, but who don't know where to start. I post positive reviews and articles about products that have worked well for me personally. Hopefully these articles are helpful to my readers, in helping them choose makeup and skincare that are toxin-free and all-natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment